Get mites before they get out of hand.
There are five main mite species. Any or all can create havoc in your crops -- if you don't deal with them early. It's important to use management solutions that fit your IPM practices, especially those that respect beneficial insects.
Let's do the math.
Mites thrive under hot, dry conditions. That's when mites really begin to do damage. One female lays 120 eggs in the first generation – half will be male and half female. In the second generation, the female mites again lay 120 eggs each: for a total of 7,200 eggs.
Half of those eggs are female, and they will complete the third generation by each laying another 120 eggs. Now we're at a running total of 432,000 mites. By the time the fourth generation rolls around, you could be facing a total of 26 million total mites.
In as little as 15 days, what began with one mite could result in devasting crop losses.
To discuss mite management solutions, talk to your PCA, retailer or a MANA specialist.
Get ahead of mite damage with an early-season ovicide application.
Mite control doesn't have to be complicated, when you get to the problem before it's a problem. Apollo SC is a long-lasting ovicide that stops mites before they get a chance to start.
- Interrupts the mite life cycle, providing residual control for 60 days or longer.
- The unique mode of action is easy on beneficials
- Highly effective against European Red Mite, McDaniel Mite, Two Spotted Spider Mite, Pacific Mite and Willamette Spider Mite.
New formulation makes beating mites easier.
This effective, proven miticide catches the mites you miss at the egg stage.
- Easy to calculate rate simplifies application.
- More concentrated formulation of abamectin for reduced VOC emissions.
- Less product handling and storage which means less waste to dispose of.
MANA is Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc., a North American subsidiary of Makhteshim Agan Industries, Ltd. (MAI) Israel. With 2011 sales over US $2.69 Billion, MAI ranks sixth among global agrochemical companies. View our privacy statement.